NAUI Experienced Scuba Diver
This course provides a means for experienced scuba divers with no recognized recreational diving certification to become certified by NAUI. These divers may have military, commercial or scientific diving training or may not have any formal training. Graduates receive NAUI Scuba Diver certification with all designated qualifications.
OPEN WATER DIVES
When all eligibility requirements have been met and the instructor is assured the diver is ready, the diver shall undertake the open water diving portion of the NAUI Scuba Diver Course (5 dives).
if time or conditions do not allow the experienced diver to take the preferred open water training portion of the NAUI Scuba Diver Course, the following requirements shall be substituted:
- The diver is to complete all appropriate skin and scuba diving skill requirements from the Scuba Diver Course in a pool and/or confined water.
- The diver is to complete at least two open water dives, satisfactorily completing all of the open water skill requirements from the Scuba Diver Course.
- All course activities are to be recorded in the student’s diving log and authenticated by the instructor.
PREREQUISITES FOR ENTERING THE COURSE
- Age. Minimum is 15 years.
- Diver Certification. None required, but must provide proof of diving experience of at least 25 open water scuba dives.
- Diving Knowledge. Pass an entry-level written examination on scuba diving.