NAUI Master Scuba Diver
Gain the in-depth knowledge that will establish you as a recognized authority in your diving club or group. Hone your diving skills to the level of a professional NAUI Leader. Thrill to the adventure of open water dives in settings that will test your abilities to their limit while enhancing and expanding your diving capabilities. Then proudly wear the most coveted and respected patch in recreational diving – that of the NAUI Master Scuba Diver.
The course is an continuing education certification course for divers who wish to increase their understanding and enjoyment of diving. Emphasis is on student participation and practical application of knowledge in open water after a classroom discussion of subjects. This course is an excellent progression toward NAUI Leadership roles.
OPEN WATER DIVES
A minimum of eight open water dives is required. A maximum of three dives per day shall be applied toward course requirements. No more than one skin dive may count toward the eight dive minimum.
- Emergency procedures and rescue
- Deep/simulated decompression diving
- Limited visibility or night diving
- Underwater navigation
- Search and recovery – light salvage
- Skin diving
- Review of basic scuba skills
- Environmental study or survey
- Air consumption (practical application)
- Boat diving
- Shore diving
- Hunting and collecting
- Special interest
PREREQUISITES FOR ENTERING THE COURSE
- Age. Minimum is 15 years.
- Diver Certification. NAUI advanced certification or the equivalent is required. The instructor is to ensure adequate student knowledge and capability before any open water training and shall use skill or other evaluations to do so.
- Equipment. Students shall furnish and be responsible for the care and maintenance of their own diving equipment. The instructor shall initially assist the student in checking all student gear to insure it is adequate and in proper working order.